A few decades ago, when there were no modern doors and windows, people preferred to use louvres when constructing their houses and buildings. These are basically horizontally mounted shutters that protect the home from harsh weather conditions and the sun.
Over time, the popularity of louvres faded, but in recent years, aluminium louvres have become a sensational building material as they elegantly enhance the architectural beauty of the building.
Originally, louvres were made from wood, but the modern louvre system is made from various materials, including stainless steel, aluminium, and titanium. Although all of these are heavy metals that offer incredible benefits, homeowners prefer aluminium as the base material because it is lightweight.
What are the properties of aluminium slats?
- They add aesthetics, elegance, and appearance to your home.
- They provide shade from the sun and protect against dust and pollution.
- Nothing can provide better ventilation than aluminium louvres.
- Since aluminium louvres are lightweight, they can be placed anywhere in the house.
- Aluminium louvres can be used in front doors, ceilings, and wardrobes.
- The installation is simple and inexpensive.
- Since the base material is aluminium, the louvres offer more flexibility and are corrosion resistant.
- Aluminium louvres can be easily recycled without compromising quality.
- Also, the strength-to-weight ratio of aluminium makes them convenient to use.
- Aluminium louvres are energy efficient.
- They require little maintenance and are durable.
- You can also design the shape of the horizontal blinds according to your wishes.
Where are louvres most commonly used?
You can install them anywhere in your house to enhance your home’s beauty. However, they are primarily used in offices and public buildings, especially where heavy machinery and electrical equipment are installed. Such areas require better ventilation and maximum protection from water, so louvres are the best choice for these areas.
Louvres are available in many types and materials. You can choose the type according to your needs and budget. Some common types of louvres are:
- Rain defence louvres
- Ventilation louvres
- Screening louvres
- Acoustic louvres
- Aesthetic options
If you are on a tight budget and want to beautify your home, protect it from harsh environments, improve ventilation, and reduce maintenance, there could be no better option than aluminium louvres.